- Stanford University
- Computer Science Department
- Distributed Systems Group
- The V++ Cache Kernel
- The CacheKernel is the privileged-mode portion of V++, a
scalable multiprocessor operating system. The CacheKernel does not
attempt to manage all system objects, but rather serves as a
cache of active objects. It is up to user-mode
application kernels to serve as backing store for these
objects. We hope this architecture will yield improved modularity, as
well as improved performace through application-specific optimizations
made possible by the high degree of application control.
- Logged Virtual Memory
- Published in Fifteenth Symposium on
Operating Systems Principles (SOSP 95).
- A Caching Model of Operating System Kernel Functionality
- Published in First Symposium on
Operating Systems Design and Implementation (OSDI 94).
Department of Computer Science
Stanford, CA 94305-2140
<kjd .at. cs .dot. stanford .dot. edu>